Its Day 2 of knitting and crochet blog week! How did everyone find day one? I personally enjoyed reflecting on the different types of yarn and thinking about how each yarn has its own personality and can bring something new to a project.
For day 2 its all about me! We are tasked today to:
shift the focus and turn the attention from the things we make to the things that make us. The important thing here is to remember that you don’t have to go into great personal detail and certainly do not have to reveal anything too personal. You can be as candid or as private as you like, but you can also give your readers a feel for those things that you like to do outside of your crafting.
So for this task I thought rather than ranting on about my life story I would give you a nice list of my favourite things!
First here are some of the things you might have guessed already: –
- bright colours – particularly blue and yellow
- geometric patterns – these really appeal to me (maybe because I secretly really love maths!)
- clothes – since I started sewing I have managed to curb my shopping habit a little but I always love new clothes whether handmade or shop bought!
- colourful things – especially pens and stationery
and here are some things you might not know: –
- science and nature – I am a scientist by day and a crafter by night!
- pyjama days – why shouold you have to get dressed if you’re not going to leave the house?!
- tea – I have an entire drawer at work filled with different kinds!
- music – I play piano, saxophone and clarinet and love playing jazz. I alos love listening to all sorts of music, particularly folk and chilled out indie.