I know a lot of people love to knit socks. It is never something I have had any desire to try before. The thought of spending time creating something beautiful that is going to sit on my feet just bemuses me! However, I am willing to be converted. What is it about sock knitting that is so great?
Why should I knit socks?
Convince me. If you had to give me one good reason what would it be?
I have many reasons why it doesn’t appeal to me, but maybe I am wrong.
- They are going to go on my feet/
- No one will see them – I want to be able to admire my knitting when I wear it
- They look small and fiddly to knit.
- I don’t like double pointed needles – they are way too faffy
- Once you have the elation of having finished one (YAY!) You have to start right over again and knit the next one.
I could go on, but I feel like that is enough reasons.
However, if you want to convince me I would be willing to give it a try. Who knows, I could be converted to becoming a sock knitter. If you were me which pattern would you start with for socks?
You could even send me a link to your most fabulous knitted socks to try and convince me! Find me on Ravelry here and share your makes with me!