Today I have a really quick post for a really quick make. In fact I did everything from cutting the fabric to the photo shoot all within 2 hours!
I decided it was time my ironing board got a makeover. Whilst visiting Ikea last week I discovered their great fabric range and just had to get some. This was the perfect choice for my ironing board. Look at that print!
Do It Yourself
What you will need:
- Fabric (Length needs to be the length of your ironing board + 30 cm, width needs to be the width of your ironing board +30 cm)
- Elastic (length needs to be long enough to fit around your ironing board
- Safety pin
- Matching thread
To make this yourself follow these simple instructions:
- Trace around the top of your ironing board directly onto the back of the fabric.
- Add 15 cm extra all the way around your ironing board and cut out the fabric
- Turn over 1.5 cm or 5/8 in all the way around the edge making small folds in the curved parts so as they lie flat.
- Turn the same amount under again, press and pin.
- Stitch as close as you can to the first fold to create a channel all the way around the edge. Be sure to leave a small gap of about 3 cm along the long edge.
- Attach a safety pin to the end of a long piece of elastic.
- Thread the saftey pin through the channel you have created.
- Place the cover over your ironing board and smooth out the top
- Pull the elastic tight until the cover wont move on your board.
- Tie the elastic tight and cut off any excess.
It’s such a quick make but can really spruce up your sewing space!
If you enjoyed this make why not try some of my other patterns!